Manage your tax affairs
What your tax accountants do:
- Take the hassle out of tax
- Legally minimise tax liabilities
- Tax advisory services
- Domestic and international tax
Our role as professional tax consultants is to help you navigate your way through the complex world of tax and provide strategic solutions to legally minimise tax.
Tax compliance management is a hassle; there is the endless list of tax issues and reporting, as well as the laws and ATO rulings to go with it. You have to pay tax, but let’s make sure you don’t pay more than you have to.
We take the complexities out of tax. We’ll tell you what applies to you, how any changes in laws may affect you, work to minimise your tax payments and develop an effective tax strategy. We help large businesses, SME’s, sole traders, start-up businesses and individuals with a range of tax issues. Explore the services we offer:
Global compliance services
Wherever your business is in the world we can help you meet your tax compliance obligations. Through our UHY network our team specialises in tax compliance services including:
- Income tax returns
- GST and business activity statements
- Fringe benefits tax
- Payroll tax
- ATO audits and review
We are well versed in all aspects of Australian and international corporate tax, with the global resources to tackle any tax matter, regardless of complexity and global scope. Let us help you with your corporate tax matters.
Our corporate tax services include:
- Tax consolidations
- Restructures of corporate groups
- Demergers & scrip for scrip rollovers
- Management buyouts
- Acquisitions and sales
- Tax due diligence reports for Initial Public Offerings
- Complex transaction based advice
- Compliance reviews
- Tax planning
- Cross border issues
- Employment taxes
Goods and services tax
GST is a part of everyday life. Most transactions incur GST, so it is important to be diligent when it comes to reporting and recording GST on goods and services.
We help with all aspects of GST, including:
- Property transactions
- Business purchase and sale planning for GST
- Due diligence business assessment of systems and GST compliance
- Import and export transactions
- GST grouping
Capital Gains Tax
CGT impacts on all manner of transactions. Most commonly it is incurred through the sale of shares or real estate, however capital gains tax can also be incurred by selling a business or investments, or by ceasing to be an Australian resident.
We can effectively reduce CGT through the following services:
- small business concessions and exemptions
- efficient rollover of a business
- CGT planning for property transactions
- restructuring or selling your business
- scrip for scrip, takeover, demerger and using other rollover provisions
ATO Audit Reviews
The ATO regularly conducts tax audits to ensure businesses and individuals are doing what’s required under the tax laws.
The reviews can vary in complexity, so we deal with the ATO on your behalf making the audit as simple as possible for you. We liaise and negotiate with the ATO, and make sure they receive relevant and detailed information to conduct the review.
For more information on our tax services or to discuss a specific tax matter, contact our tax specialists today.